Milton Freewater Drive-in

  • Location Milton-Freewater, Oregon
  • Description
  • More Information Visit Website

Image Gallery

Friday, 05 November 2010 18:09

Milton Freewater Drive-in

Written by  marie
Rate this item
(1 Vote)
Milton Freewater Drive-in

Milton-Freewater is blessed with one of the few remaining Drive-in Theatres left.  Playing Recent movies for families and friends to go watch.  Opened in 1954 and owned by the same family, who keep it authentic, since 1967. 

225 Cherry Avenue Milton Freewater, OR, just off of Highway 11 (Walla Walla Highway), is one of Oregon’s few Drive-in movie theatres left. During the 1950s, Oregon State had 70 movie theatres.  There remain only 10% still in function, the other 90% either went dark or were demolished.  Milton Freewater happens to be one of those lucky places to have a theatre still in function.

The Milton Freewater Drive-in, opened in 1954 with a capacity of 375 cars.  It still has a capacity of 375 cars and has kept authentic by the same family since 1967.  Now as before, it is an open theatre and a single screen.  Open every night, April - October, except on Thursday when double features are screened and certain holidays with dusk to dawn screenings.  Another pull, in the attraction, are the M&F Pies; known for their “fresh never frozen home made pies”.

Though the theatre is old, the features are new present day films such as Monster House and Talladega Nights.  Each car runs about seven dollars a carload, and listen on the radio, 530 AM or 88.5 FM, to hear the features.

 

Last modified on Monday, 14 February 2011 23:08

Leave a Comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.

« Prev Next »